Snapchat drops $150 sunglasses; Kino Industries partners with Fox for “Choose Your Own Adventure” film; GDC Technology announces “Netflix for Cinema.”
Snapchat officially put its new sunglasses on the market for $149.99, Recode reports. Unlike the original version, these sunglasses can take photos in addition to video, are waterproof, have a hardware update and come in several colors.
Just three days after Beverly Hills-based Aviron Capital announced it is investing in Kino Industries, 20th Century Fox announced it will partner with Kino to create an app for the upcoming movie “Chose Your Own Adventure,” Variety reports. The audience will be able to use the Kino mobile app to vote on and guide the direction of the film.
Speaking of movies, Burbank-based GDC Technology is launching a “Netflix for Cinema” venture that uses crowdsourcing to help cinemas fill more seats and give studios another way to monetize their content, the Hollywood Reporter reports. Consumers would use the GoGoCinema app to schedule movies at their preferred time and venue. Based on popular demand, theatres would then schedule accordingly and anyone from the public could then by tickets to the showing. GDC also said renting out theatres for birthday parties and private screenings would be a part of the campaign.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 15: Atom Tickets Inks Deal with Landmark Theatres
- Silicon Beach Report April 6: Netflix Makes Offer to Buy L.A. Billboard Company
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: Snap Discussing Office in Saudi Arabia
- Silicon Beach Report March 8: Atom Tickets Raises $60 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 24: Reliam Acquires Stratalux
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: TheWaveVR Raises $6M for L.A. Office
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 24: Fandango Signs South American Ticketing Deal
- Silicon Beach Report May 14: U.S. Supreme Court Legalizes Sports Betting