Tammy Tsoumas is a highly regarded lawyer with a particular emphasis in antitrust and competition as well as toxic tort litigation matters. Tsoumas has served as counsel to a number of high-profile clients in antitrust, toxic tort, and other commercial litigation matters, including Boeing, Guardian Industries, Avis Budget Group, DIRECTV, and Starwood Capital Group.
Among her recent representative matters is her work representing EVA Airways in a long-running MDL putative class action in which plaintiffs allege that airlines conspired to fix prices and fuel surcharges on transpacific flights from 2000 to the present. On behalf of the joint defense, Tsoumas argued an appeal regarding the filed rate doctrine at the Ninth Circuit in January 2017. A divided panel issued an opinion. The remaining defendants filed a cert petition in October 2017 and an amicus brief was filed in support of the petition. In February 2018, EVA and the plaintiffs reached a settlement as to the claims against EVA. The settlement is subject to final court approval.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: KIMBERLY BRANSCOME
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Kimberly Branscome
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: THOMAS V. GIRARDI
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- TOM V. GIRARDI
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENTERTAINMENT ATTORNEYS
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- NEAL MARDER
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- PETER A. STROTZ
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: MILDRED SEGURA