Nina Marino comes from a family of civil lawyers, including her mother, father, three siblings, cousins and uncles on both sides of the family. She attended law school at night, working at a criminal defense law firm during day. Upon passing the bar and being sworn in, she was in court representing a client the next day. Within two years of becoming a lawyer, Marino started her own criminal defense law firm. Within seven years, she opened Kaplan Marino, a white-collar criminal defense law firm. Over the course of the past 27 years, her practice has transitioned from a traditional criminal defense practice to a highly sophisticated white-collar crime practice.
Marino is also a trailblazer in bringing women to the forefront as well as important social issues to the public eye and mind. As Director of Continuing Legal Education for ABA Criminal Justice Section, she has changed the composition of educational programming to ensure that women speakers are fairly represented.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Nina Marino
- Most Admired Law Firms: Kaplan Marino, PC
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Naeun Rim
- Terry W. Bird
- New Federal Prosecutor Could Intensify Focus On White-Collar Crime
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BYRON J. MCLAIN
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Vicki Chou
- Better Suited