Leonora Schloss is an equity principal at Jackson Lewis and has practiced employment law on the defense side for over 25 years. She helps employers prevent and resolve disputes with their employees. Companies seek her advice on creating strong policies and making good decisions that will prevent lawsuits. If a lawsuit cannot be avoided, companies come to her to forcefully defend the company’s interests. Schloss has substantial experience litigating single plaintiff and class action discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage/hour cases in state and federal courts including jury and court trials. She routinely obtains summary judgment and summary adjudication through her tenaciousness and creativity in cases she defends.
Schloss has significant experience in the areas of wage and hour law, including defending wage and hour class actions. Significantly, a wage and hour representative class action case which she tried resulted in a reported decision that for the first time defined how minimum wage is calculated under California law.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Nicky Jatana
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Nancy Yaffe
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: KATE S. GOLD
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: JEFFREY S. HORTON THOMAS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: THERESA MARCHLEWSKI
- Earl Scheib Pleased With Wage-and-Hour Settlement
- U.S. Supreme Court Passes on Labor Code Suits
- PAGA Suits Raise Employer Stakes