Marsha A. Houston is a partner at Reed Smith and is based out of the Los Angeles office. She is a member of the firm’s Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of commercial restructuring and bankruptcy. She focuses her national practice on the representation of financial institutions, secured and unsecured lenders, creditors’ committees, entertainment clients, trustees and investors primarily in Chapter 11 reorganization matters, assignments for the benefit of creditors, a broad range of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters, and the protection of intellectual property rights.
Houston also negotiates and documents loan restructuring transactions, debtor-in-possession financing, asset acquisition agreements, out-of-court restructurings, and workouts. Marsha’s practice has included such industries as: entertainment, retail, manufacturing, real estate, airlines, mining, oil & gas, hospitality, time-share, leisure and resort properties, and health care. Houston has represented clients in cases throughout the country and is known for her extensive knowledge in entertainment insolvency related issues. She is regularly asked to speak on intellectual property and bankruptcy issues.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Randye Soref
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARY CRAIG CALKINS
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Jennifer C. Hagle
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honoree: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Cheryl Chang
- Intellectual Property Attorney Leads Team Exodus
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Junga Kim