An experienced civil litigator and trial lawyer, Pillsbury partner Mariah Brandt resolves complex business disputes and class actions, securing victories through trial, arbitration and negotiation. Brandt focuses on business litigation, including intellectual property, contract, policyholder insurance coverage and consumer privacy and fraud cases.
Brandt’s clients span the entertainment, restaurant, banking, healthcare and technology industries. Experienced in federal, state and appellate courts, Brandt skillfully argues motions for dismissal of claims, temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and discovery orders. She has served as lead counsel in several jury trials, managed all stages of large scale litigations and has crafted winning appellate briefs. She recently represented Fluidmaster in prosecuting an insurance coverage case against seven of its insurers to obtain coverage for seven product liability class actions. She reached favorable settlements with six of those insurers, recovering over $30 million for Fluidmaster. She also defended cloud services company j2 in two nationwide class actions involving torts and statutory claims arising out of j2’s charging of late fees on its voice service products.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: KIM BUFFINGTON
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK LITVACK
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honorees: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK DROOKS
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: JASON D. RUSSELL
- Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: THEANE EVANGELIS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ELENA BACA