Celeste Brecht is a partner at Venable LLP, where her practice focuses on complex civil litigation. She has been a member of multiple trial teams in both state and federal court, and has obtained successful jury verdicts for her clients. Additionally, Brecht has won numerous dispositive motions in advance of trial and has managed cases from inception through post-verdict motions involving commercial business disputes, employment matters, as well as products and premises liability cases for clients ranging in size from regional business entities to Fortune 50 companies. Brecht has also obtained successful results for her clients in a variety of administrative forums.
Among Brecht’s recent significant cases was her work successfully defeating class certification in a California consumer protection and unfair competition case. She also recently obtained a favorable verdict on behalf of leading media company in a defamation trial. She also won anti SLAPP motion, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of a high-profile actor, producer, and comedian, which defeated allegations of harassment, discrimination, and defamation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Celeste Brecht
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BELINDA MARTINEZ VEGA
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honorees: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BEN WANG
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WILLIAM J. BRIGGS, II
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: William J. Briggs, II
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARIAH BRANDT