Years with firm: 14
Assets under management: $150 million
Eric Manlunas is a two-time startup entrepreneur-turned-early stage venture capitalist. A native of the Philippines, he has been a key participant in the Southern California startup community for more than 20 years, seven years as a successful startup entrepreneur and 14 years as a venture capitalist. Manlunas started his professional career as an associate for Arthur Andersen’s retail consulting practice. He earned an MBA at Pepperdine University and BA in communications from Florida International University in Miami.
Industry specialization: Early stage startups.
Deal range: $100,000 to $1.5 million.
Recent transactions: In 2016, Wavemaker seed funded Unglue, Miidle, Tally Go, Credit Key, Baby Box, Impact Health, Thrively, FAMA, Cloud Mondo, News Deeply, and Frontdesk. It also did follow-in investments in Take Lessons, Floqast, Fresco News, Ship Hawk, and Vow to Be Chic.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Thin Line Capital Raises First Fund, Backed by Wavemaker
- Venture Capital: Firms will find opportunities exist amid uncertainty
- Making Waves
- The Money Book: David Siemer
- The Money Book: Paul Santos
- Wavemaker, Launch Back Seed Round for Balloon
- The Money Book: Dana Settle
- Stackin Raises $4 Million for Banking Platform