Years with firm: 5
Assets under management: $150 million
David Siemer founded Wavemaker Partners, successor to Siemer & Associates, in 2007 to fulfill his vision of a true boutique merchant bank that works with technology, software, and digital media companies throughout their lifecycles. Wavemaker Labs is a Singapore government-approved technology incubator that promotes early stage tech companies based in that country. Siemer co-founded venture capital firm Siemer Ventures, one of the most active VCs in Southern California, to work in concert with Siemer & Associates, helping early growth technology companies achieve their full potential. His annual Siemer Silicon Beach Summit attracts nearly 300 companies to Santa Monica each year for education, networking, and growth. He received his MBA in finance from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business and his BS in accounting and management information systems from Lehigh University’s College of Business and Economics.
Industry specialization: Technology, software, and digital media.
Recent transactions: Sold Art of Click, a mobile advertising startup, to Xurpas for about $45 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Siemer & Associates Acquired by Chinese Firm CEC Capital Group
- Siemer Ventures Announces $45 Million Fund, Rebrands
- Monday Rundown: SpaceX Inks Launch Deals; Patrick Soon-Shiong Licenses Amgen Drug; Siemer Finds Aussie Partner
- XCast Labs Closes $2.7 Million Financing
- Venture Capitalist to Set Sail for Overseas Startups
- L.A. Developer’s Very Own Biopic
- The Money Book: Dan Chen
- Thin Line Capital Raises First Fund, Backed by Wavemaker