Frontier Venture Capital
Years with firm: 15
Assets under management: $90 million
David Cremin leads fund operations, fundraising, and portfolio management for Frontier. Prior to the joining firm, he was a founding partner of Zone Ventures, an early stage venture capital firm. Cremin has raised more than $200 million in venture capital partnerships and helped lead investments in more than 100 companies, including Divx Networks and Clear Access, which was acquired by Cisco Systems Inc. He previously founded and served as chief executive of Vis-à-Vis Entertainment, a music media company. He spent several years touring as a professional musician and recording artist for RCA, Atlantic, Elektra and EastWest records. David has taught business feasibility as an adjunct professor at UC Santa Barbara and California Polytechnic San Luis Obispo. He holds a BS in industrial engineering from Stanford University.
Industry specialization: Media and technology startups.
Deal range: $1 million to $100 million.
Recent transactions: Roli Ltd. (London), Ticketsauce (San Diego), Momentfeed (Santa Monica), DailyPay (New York), Boom Studios (Los Angeles), and Sonic Sensory (Los Angeles), among others.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fattened-Up Venture Fund Looking to Fit in L.A.
- 'You Have to Expect Some of Them Will Go Out of Business'
- The Money Book: Erik Rannala
- Outside Venture Firms Fill Local Funding Holes
- The Money Book: Peter Lee
- SURVEY--Venture Firms Plan to Boost Investments in Year Ahead
- The Money Book: Buck Jordan
- 2009 Sees Deals Decline and ‘Zombies’ Rise