Years with firm: 15
Assets under management: $100 million
Clinton Foy has more than 15 years of experience as an operating executive and business counsel to startups, entrepreneurs, and leading video-game, technology, mobile, and internet companies. As chief operating officer, general counsel, and head of business development for Square Enix, a $2 billion video-game publisher, he recruited a top-tier team and built the mobile, social, and online business in North and South America. He managed licensing and strategic partnerships for the “Space Invaders,” “Final Fantasy,” and “Tomb Raider” franchises. In seven years, he oversaw more than 100 product launches across a dozen platforms and grew annual revenues to more than $300 million. Before Square Enix, Foy practiced law with the Heller Ehrman Venture Law Group in Seattle, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, representing clients including Microsoft Corp., Sony Corp., and Yahoo Inc. He earned a BA from the University of Notre Dame, JD from University of Washington School of Law, and MA from Stanford University.
Industry specialization: Foy focuses on early stage venture capital investment in mobile, social, cloud, consumer, new platforms, augmented reality, virtual reality, and video-game spaces.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Seed Round Streams into Mobcrush
- Investors Jump to Score Piece of E-Sports Firms
- L.A. Investors Buy League of Legends E-sports Team
- Silicon Beach Report July 1: MeWe raises $4.5 million
- Silicon Beach Report June 11: GameMine acquires 1,200 titles
- Dating App Looks to Employ Job Information
- Entertainment Search Engine Finds Way to Series A
- L.A. Launch List: Oct. 10