Years with firm: 26
Assets under management: $58 billion
Tom Barrack previously held the position of founder and executive chairman of Colony Capital Inc., predecessor to Colony NorthStar. Prior to founding the Colony Capital business in 1991, he was a principal with the Robert M. Bass Group. Since January 2016, Barrack has served as co-chairman of the board of Colony Starwood Homes, a single-family rental real estate investment trust. Since January 2014, he has served on the board of Carrefour, a French multinational retailer. Since June 2010, he has served on the board of First Republic Bank, a full-service bank and wealth management firm. He received a BA in 1969 from USC. He attended law school at the University of San Diego and USC, where he was an editor of the law review, and received a JD in 1972 from the University of San Diego.
Industry specialization: Real estate and real estate-related investments.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Thomas Barrack Jr.
- Thomas Barrack Jr.
- THOMAS BARRACK
- Colony Capitulates, Gets Two New Directors
- Barrack to Step Aside as Chief Executive at Colony Capital
- The Money Book: Kevin Traenkle
- Colony Capital Sees Losses Widen in Second Quarter, Plans to Sell Industrial Unit
- Newly Merged Firm Springs Into Large Venture