Freeman Spogli & Co.
Years with firm: 34
Assets under management: $4 billion
Before co-founding Freeman Spogli in 1983, Spogli was a managing director at Dean Witter Reynolds Inc.’s Los Angeles M&A department. From August 2005 until February 2009, he served as the United States ambassador to the Italian Republic and the Republic of San Marino. He rejoined the firm in June 2009. He earned a bachelor’s degree with great distinction from Stanford University, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa, and a master’s degree in business administration with honors from Harvard University.
Industry specialties: Consumer and distribution industries.
Recent transactions: Acquired Batteries Plus Bulbs, a retailer of batteries, light bulbs, and device repair services. Acquired Integrated Supply Network, a wholesale distributor of automotive tools, equipment, and supplies. Partnered with City Barbeque, a high-growth, fast-casual restaurant company.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Money Book: Bradford Freeman
- INTERVIEW---George W.'s L.A. Pointman
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - JONATHAN BENLOULOU
- Freeman Spogli Eyes IPO for Boot Barn
- The Money Book: Blaine Lourd
- CBRE Shares Hit New Heights Despite Climate of Uncertainty
- The Money Book: Kara Nortman