Alex R. Soltani
Chairman, Chief Executive
Years with firm: 12
Soltani founded Skyview Capital in 2005 and is the chairman of the firm’s executive and investment committees. He is a serial investor and entrepreneur, and started his first business when still a student at UCLA. Soltani brings extensive, “hands-on” operational experience to his work in private equity. His strong business acumen and prescient investment instincts have led to successful acquisitions across a number of different industries. He is actively involved with every aspect of the transaction lifecycle and plays a significant role in all of Skyview Capital’s investments. Prior to founding Skyview, Soltani worked at Platinum Equity. Prior to joining Platinum, he established and operated All Digital Communications, a nationwide B2B wireless telecom firm. Soltani holds a BA from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Industry specialization: Technology, media, telecom, and special situations/distressed investing.
Deal value range: Up to $200 million of total enterprise value.
Recent transactions: Skyview acquired NewPace Technology Development Inc. in June 2014 and November 2016 sold it to Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.; Acquired Digital Fuel in 2015 from VMware, an IT financial management (ITFM) software solution which enables enterprises to more effectively manage IT infrastructure spend and optimize costs; Acquired Syncplicity in July 2015 from EMC Corp.; Acquired Integrated Microwave Technologies from the Vitec Group Plc. in November 2014.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Alex Soltani
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Investors - ALEX SOLTANI
- Skyview Capital Completes Acquisition of Customer Care Assets of Conduent
- Platinum Equity, Gores Group Sell IT Company
- Skyview Bets on Cold Brew
- Skyview Capital Picks Up Passport Foods
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Investors - JEFF WHITE
- Skyview Capital Buys Credit Card Processing Firm