Years with firm: 3
Assets under management: $200 million
Chong Guk Kum became Hanmi Bank’s chief executive in 2013. Kum was formerly chief executive of First California Financial Group Inc., the holding company of First California Bank. He also served as chief executive of First California Bank. Under his leadership, First California Bank grew from two branches and total assets of $100 million to 19 branches and $2 billion in total assets. Kum serves on the government relations council for the American Bankers Association and is a board member of the California Bankers Association and Ventura County Council Boy Scouts of America. He is a graduate of UC Berkeley, received his master’s in business administration from Pepperdine University, and is a graduate of the ABA Stonier Graduate School of Banking, University of Pennsylvania.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hanmi Bank Names Bonita Lee as New CEO and President to Replace C.G. Kum
- SPECIAL REPORT: Broad Perspective
- Hanmi Names New CEO
- K-Town’s Hanmi Delays 2Q Financial Reporting Over Loan Loss Issues
- Hanmi Harbinger: Texas Deal Collapse has Ethnic Bank Rethinking Growth Plans
- Hanmi CEO Charts Course for Growth
- Ethnic Banks Say Tech Now Speaks to Customers
- Ares, Crescent Take Over US Thrift Store Chain