Years with firm: 13
Rajesh Sood is head of debt capital markets at FocalPoint. He has served as lead adviser in raising senior and junior capital to support leveraged buyouts, growth and acquisition financing, and rescue financings. He has represented clients in a wide range of industries including restaurant and retail, manufacturing, business services, building and consumer products, and health care. Prior to joining FocalPoint, he was a senior member of the leveraged finance team at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin and worked in corporate finance at NationsBanc Montgomery Securities. Sood attended both Washington University in Saint Louis and the University of Kansas, and holds a BA in biology. He also has an MBA from the University of Texas in Austin. He is a frequent speaker on topics related to the debt capital markets and is a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization.
Industry specialization: Debt capital.
Deal value range: $25 million to $250 million.
Recent transactions: Raised growth capital for an e-commerce beauty products company. Raised financing to facilitate the acquisition of a manufacturer of thermoformed plastic packaging products. Refinanced a provider of subsea construction services for the offshore oil and gas industry in the United States, Mexico, and West Africa.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Investment Bankers: Rajesh Sood
- Influential Investment Bankers in Los Angeles: Rajesh Sood
- Leaders Of Influence - Investment Bankers: Rajesh Sood
- Women Of Influence, Banking: Gayane Kirakosyan
- Top Women in Banking: GAYANE KIRAKOSYAN
- Most Influential Investment Bankers: Nishen Radia
- Duane Stullich
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Nishen Radia