U.S. Renewables Group
Years with firm: 14
Assets under management: $750 million
McDermott has operational control of the firm’s day-to-day activities. Prior to forming USRG in 2003, McDermott started his career as a public power banker with First Boston’s municipal finance group in New York. While at First Boston, he worked with the Southern California Public Power Authority, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Washington Public Power Supply System, and several other West Coast municipal utilities and investor-owned utilities. As a private equity investor, McDermott worked for Prudential’s private capital group and Allen & Co. As an entrepreneur, McDermott has started, run, and invested in Stamps.com Inc., Spoke Software Inc., Archive Inc., Practice Technologies Inc., NanoH2O Inc., and OH Energy Inc.
Industry specialty: Renewable power, biofuels, and clean technology infrastructure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- New Energy Fund Looks to Clean Up in China
- The Money Book: Lee Bailey
- The Money Book: Tom Turpin
- SPECIAL REPORT: Vertical Integration Powers Up Solar Development Firm
- The Money Book: David Cohen
- The Money Book: Jon Bauch
- The Money Book: Jon Danhakl
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Government/Municipal of the Year