West L.A.-based food and beverage outfit Wonderful Co. acquired Firebaugh-based pomegranate grower and distributor Ruby Fresh Inc. for an undisclosed sum, Wonderful announced Tuesday.
Ruby Fresh is based in the Central Valley where the Wonderful Co. also grows pomegranates sold under its POM Wonderful brand. Ruby Fresh’s employees and facilities will be integrated into POM Wonderful, Wonderful said.
Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates, pomegranate seeds and pomegranate juice in the country, the company said in a press release. The company is owned by Stewart and Lynda Resnick, who checked in at No. 10 on the Business Journal’s 2017 list of Wealthiest Angelenos with an estimated net worth of $5 billion.
Caroline Anderson is a staff reporter covering restaurants, retail and hospitality. She can be reached at email@example.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deals & Dealmakers: Clearlake Sells Off Another
- Texas Competitor Settles with Pom Wonderful
- Pomegranate Juice Maker Squeezes Back
- Pomegranate Juice Feud Spills Into Court
- Juice Maker Squeezed
- Pomegranate Juice Uncorked in Major Marketing Success
- Paramount Citrus Expands into Lime Business
- Juice Maker Pursues Rivals Fresh Off of Court Victory