Online movie ticket seller Fandango announced on Friday that it reached an agreement to acquire MovieTickets.com of Boca Raton, Fla. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The deal will further expand the West L.A. company’s e-commerce presence in the United States and Latin America, especially in Argentina and Mexico, as well as establish a ticketing presence for the first time in Canada and United Kingdom, Fandango said. It is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter.
The acquisition also will bring new exhibitors into Fandango's ticketing network including National Amusements, Cineplex, Landmark Theatres and Marquee Cinemas, as well as independent theater chains.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 13: Fandango to Acquire MovieTickets.com
- Fandango Takes Blockbusters to Bank
- Fandango Buys Video-Streaming Platform
- Fandango Buys Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster
- Fandango to Buy Brazilian Online Ticket Seller for $71 Million
- Fandango Taking on Moviefone In Battle of Online Ticket Sellers
- Fandango Acquires Latin American Online Movie Ticketer Cinepapaya
- Review Sites Pass Muster With Film-Ticket Seller