In 2012, successful marketing professional Rosie O’Neill turned what started out as a hobby with her then fiancé, Josh Resnick, traveling and collecting sweets, into Sugarfina, their own luxury candy boutique for grown-ups that brings a fresh and fashionable approach to candy. In 2012, they decided to start working on Sugarfina full-time and eventually launched the website a few months later. The concept and perseverance have paid off. A true disruptor in the $200B confections industry, O’Neill is reintroducing the lost art of high-quality artisan candies, made by small-batch candy makers around the world and packaged with love. In addition, the company supports schools and charitable organizations in the neighborhoods surrounding the various boutiques and donates net proceeds from gift bag sales to plant trees in the local communities.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Candy Seller Sugarfina Gets $35 Million Investment from Great Hill Partners
- Valentine Treats Not Sugarcoated
- regional report
- Deals & Dealmakers: Consultancy Steps Out
- Footwear Maker Steps It Up for Italian Runway
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Finalists - Alisa Tovmanyan & Eliza Glants
- Not So Hard to Swallow
- 'Tar-zhay' Chic