Partner & Owner, Vaco Los Angeles
Frances Moreno is a dynamic entrepreneur who started her company based on the vision that she could help people advance their careers, while building more balanced lives to meet personal goals and priorities -- true work flexibility and work/life balance. Through this driving mission, she has helped thousands of people find gainful employment while leading more fulfilling lives.
Moreno founded Vaco Los Angeles, a leading placement firm for interim consulting and permanent direct hire in accounting, finance, tax, and information technology positions in 2006. Vaco is the largest LA firm in its industry to be founded and operated by a woman. Sixty percent of the professionals Vaco Los Angeles places in finance and accounting interim and consulting positions are women; women make up 70% of the Vaco staff; and five of the seven Vaco partners are women. Under her leadership as managing partner, Vaco Los Angeles has grown to nearly $30 million, and accomplished this growth in the best possible way -- by putting people to work.
Moreno is deeply committed to the community and demonstrates that commitment through volunteer and philanthropic activities. She serves on the board of directors for Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles and on the Girl Scout Board Development Committee. In addition, she is also involved with Kidsave, a leading child advocacy organization for older foster children in the U.S. and orphans worldwide, and has helped raise over $800,000 for the organization. Moreno sat on the board of directors for 5 years at Kidsave, and currently serves on its audit committee. She’s also an active member of Vistage, Women’s Presidents Organization and Financial Executives International.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Road to Entrepreneurship Panelist: Frances Moreno
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: CORPORATE ADVOCACY AWARD - LISA ST. JOHN
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Thriving In Their 40's: Magaly Gomez
- Top Women in Banking: CATHERINE JOOYAN
- Women's Summit 2017 Nominees: Want More Leaders? We Need More Girl Scouts.
- Women Of Influence, Banking: Catherine Jooyan