Virtual Reality Co. plans to premiere its “Raising a Rukus” virtual reality experience at the flagship Imax VR Center in the Fairfax District on Friday.
“Raising a Rukus” is an animated virtual reality series that allows viewers to choose their own adventure though a fantasy world with a 3-D animated brother and sister – Jonas and Amy – and their pet dog, Rukus. The experience is being billed as family entertainment. Audiences will be seated in a virtual reality motion chair that features a head-mounted display.
Imax is touting the experience as the first original virtual reality production to premiere at its Imax VR Centers.
Academy Award winner Robert Stromberg, the co-founder and chief creative officer for Virtual Reality Co. located in Miracle Mile, created the series. He won the Academy Award for best art direction in 2010 for “Avatar” and 2011 for “Alice in Wonderland.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 17: Virtual Reality Co. to Premiere ‘Raising a Rukus’ at L.A.’s Imax VR Center
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 15: Fika Ventures Raises $40 Million Seed Fund
- Startups Open Arcades to Play Up Virtual Reality
- Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Expanded View
- VR Goes Out of Box
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 15: UBeam Raising $20M Series B Round
- Imax Launching Virtual Reality Arcades and Camera