Snapchat launches stories search, Paramount launches ‘Ghost in the Shell’ VR experience, and SpaceX considering upper stage recovery of Falcon Heavy rocket.
Snap Inc. launched a search feature with its Snapchat app that allows users to search through stories, reports Variety. Though users have shared more than 1 million stories publicly, previously they couldn’t be searched.
Paramount Pictures launched a virtual reality experience to go along with the release of its film “Ghost in the Shell,” reports The Verge. The experience was created by Here be Dragons, which was formerly known as studio Vrse.works and worked on the “Mr. Robot” virtual reality experience.
SpaceX is considering an attempt to recover the upper stage of its Falcon Heavy rocket, reports TechCrunch. “Odds of success low, but maybe worth a shot,” wrote the company’s Chief Executive Elon Musk on Twitter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: L.A.’s MarketCast Acquires Fizziology
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 3: AeroVironment Announces Joint Venture for High-Altitude, Solar-Powered Drone
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Silicon Beach Report April 5: GumGum Sinks Teeth Into New Dental Venture
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 5: Velocify Acquired for $128 Million
- Silicon Beach Report June 28: Mobile Game Developer Wonder Raises $14 Million