Activision Blizzard Inc. launches pro league for Overwatch, Fifth Wall Ventures powers up accelerator program, Hyperloop One completes full system test in Nevada and interior design app Hutch raises $10 million.
Santa Monica’s Activision Blizzard Inc. has launched a professional league for its video game “Overwatch,” reports Fortune. Figures from several professional ball teams have signed agreements to participate in the league, including New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who will own the franchise in Boston, and Andy Miller, co-owner of the NBA’s Sacramento Kings, who acquired the San Francisco-based franchise.
Fifth Wall Ventures plans to launch an accelerator program aimed at companies valued under $20 million in the real estate tech space, the firm announced Wednesday, reports the Business Journal. The Venice-based venture capital firm plans to take on seven early-stage companies as part of its first class.
Downtown’s Hyperloop One completed the first full-scale test of its hyperloop rail technology on May 12 in a vacuum tube in the Nevada desert, reports the Verge. During the test, the company’s hyperloop vehicle, which uses magnetic levitation, reached 70 mph.
Hutch, an interior design app that virtually redecorates a room based on a photo, has raised $10 million in funding from real estate listing platform Zillow, reports TechCrunch. Zillow’s Chief Executive Spencer Rascoff will join Hutch’s board as part of the investment.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Activision Blizzard Plans E-Sports League with City-Based Teams
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 31: Clutter Considers $200 Million Raise
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 2: Activision Blizzard’s Q3 Results Beat Expectations
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 23: Branson Out at Virgin Hyperloop One
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 2: L.A. Dodgers Launches New Youth Sports Venture
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 31: Subscription App Sales Soar
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 26: Katzenberg Hires More Quibi Executives
- Blizzard’s Overwatch League Adds Two New Teams