Two Bit Circus raises $15 million to launch amusement park, Nasdaq and New York Stock Exchange fight to host Snap Inc.’s IPO, and Hyperloop One hires former Uber, Google executive as CFO, and more.
Two Bit Circus is taking a break from its traveling carnival work to build a 30,000-square-foot amusement park in Los Angeles, reports the Business Journal. To launch its brick-and-mortar operation, the downtown Los Angeles entertainment outfit has raised a $15 million Series B round of capital led by Jazz Venture Partners, with participation from existing investors including Foundry Group, Techstars Ventures, and Intel Capital.
The Nasdaq and New York Stock Exchange are going to great lengths to convince Snap Inc. to issue stock first on their exchanges, reports Reuters. Experts said the contest is less about the fees exchanges generated from such listings than it is about bragging rights.
Hyperloop One hired Uber's former chief financial officer, Brent Callinicos, as its chief financial officer, as it tries to raise the billions of dollars needed to develop a hyperloop transportation system, reports Fortune. Callinicos will oversee the company’s fund-raising, growth-planning, acquisitions, and investments.
Snap Inc. has started pitching brands on a new type of ad package called sequential messaging, which is three 10-second ads run consecutively, reports Ad Week. Sequential advertising is a sophisticated targeting tactic used by digital marketers that targeted people who have previously seen or engaged with an ad and then follows up with a series of messages.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 7: Snap Inc. Shares Fall as Short Sellers Move on the Stock
- Two Bit Circus Raises $15M to Launch Amusement Park
- Silicon Beach Report March 20: SpaceX Studying Mars Mission Landing Sites
- Silicon Beach Report March 1: Snap Prices Shares at $17 for Thursday’s IPO
- Silicon Beach Report April 24: Canoo Seeks $200 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Pritzker Group Leads Livly Investment
- Silicon Beach Reporter Oct. 6: Snapchat Reportedly Preparing for $25B IPO
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 25: Hyperloop One Raising $250M