Goldman Sachs predicts $2 billion in revenue for Snap Inc. in 2018, Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos resigns after controversial statements surface, Disney demonstrates wireless charging technology, and more.
Goldman Sachs internal estimates predicted $2 billion in revenue for Snap Inc. in 2018, according a source cited by Business Insider. Nearly five times last year’s sales, the figures are being cited by Goldman’s sales force when speaking with prospective investors.
Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned following controversial comments he made about pedophilia surfaced, reports the Verge. It’s been a bad week for Yiannopoulos as he was also disinvited from CPAC and his Simon and Schuster book was pulled on Monday.
Walt Disney Co.’s Disney Research has demonstrated room-scale wireless power delivery, reports Ars Technica. Using a magnetic field, the company was able to wirelessly power 10 objects, including a smartphone, a lamp, a fan, and remote controlled car.
Ad Hoc Labs, the developer of anonymous cellphone app Burnr, has launched a bot that will automatically respond to frequently asked questions from Airbnb renters, according to the company’s blog. When renters text common questions such as “What’s the wifi password?” or “Where is the closest public transit?” answers wrote in advance will automatically be sent back to them.
Jukin Media is launching a new social video property with UUUM, a Japanese YouTube influencer network, according to a press release. The property is called “Video Pizza” will feature Japanese talent and will be produced specifically for the Japanese viewer.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 14: Breitbart’s Former Exec Chairman Steven Bannon to Become White House Chief Strategist
- Silicon Beach Report July 20: Dollar Shave Club Acquired for $1 Billion
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 1: Virgin Orbit Launches Subsidiary Vox Space
- Silicon Beach Report March 3: Disney Plus Hires Product VP
- Goldman May Bid for AB Ports
- Steve Bannon Returns to Brentwood’s Breitbart News
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 21: Steve Bannon Returns to Brentwood’s Breitbart News
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 16: Task Management Software Workast Raises $1.85 Million