Brogan BamBrogan is starting his second hyperloop company, named Arrivo, just months after leaving and settling a lawsuit against the company he founded, Hyperloop One.
A former Space Exploration Technology Corp. engineer and chief technology officer of Hyperloop One, BamBrogan will serve as chief executive of the new company. He is co-founding this new hyperloop startup along with five former executives and engineers from Hyperloop One, as well as an engineer from SpaceX and another from Aecom.
Leaving Hyperloop One in July, BamBrogan accused his former company leadership of harassment, financial mismanagement, and wrongful termination. He settled with the company for an undisclosed amount in November.
“We believe so deeply in the hyperloop concept that we were truly compelled to get back in the game,” said BamBrogan, in an emailed statement. “There is a great convergence in enabling technologies that we feel can help us bring amazing ‘Arrival’ solutions to fruition.”
Bambrogan said they chose to headquarter the company in Los Angeles because of the amount of engineering talent and innovation in the region.
He did not specify what projects or partnerships it has moving forward, but said opportunities for passengers and cargo will be announced in the coming months. The company is aiming to have revenue-generating projects operational within three years.
Arrivo, which means arrival in Italian, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding. Bambrogan said they do not plan to make this information public. The company expects to have more than 30 employees by June, and 70 to 80 employees hired by year-end.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hyperloop Firm Arrives
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 9: Brogan BamBrogan Starts Second Hyperloop Company
- Hyperloop One Settles Employee Lawsuit
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 14: Fox Exec to Launch Harassment Reporting App
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 11: Hyperloop One Settles Employee Lawsuit
- BamBrogan Steps Down as Hyperloop Chief Technology Officer
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Hyperloop One, Its Chairman Sued by Co-Founder