Online bank Aspiration raises $47 million; Dreamscape Immersive partners with Nickelodeon for virtual reality project; and Sophia Amoruso’s digital media firm Girlboss raises another $2 million.
Online banking startup Aspiration, which provides a checking account that earns 1 percent interest, raised a $47 million round, TechCrunch reports. Investors in the round included Allen and Company, Omidyar Network, Alpha Edison, AGO Partners, Reyl & Cie, and Capricorn Investments, as well as individual investors such as actor Orlando Bloom and Los Angeles Clippers coach “Doc” Rivers.
Location-based virtual reality company Dreamscape Immersive teamed up with Nickelodeon to produce a virtual-reality experience based on Nickelodeon’s intellectual property, Variety reports. The startup also raised $10 million from investors including Nickelodeon, Majid Al Futtaim, VRSense Solutions Limited and Image Nation Abu Dhabi.
Sophia Amoruso’s digital media firm Girlboss raised another $2 million, WWD reports. The round was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners and included Gary Vaynerchuk, co-founder and chief executive officer of digital agency VaynerMedia, and entertainment management firm Atom Factory.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Sophia Amoruso’s Girlboss Media Raises $1.2 Million
- Nasty Gal’s Sophia Amoruso Might Launch GirlBoss Media Company
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions
- Tweet of the Day: Nasty Gal Founder Sophia Amoruso
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 18: NBC's Daily Snapchat Show Reaches 29 Million Views in First Month
- Silicon Beach Report April 20: L.A. Seed Funding Falls Sharply in First Quarter
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: AMC Invests $20 Million in Dreamscape Immersive
- Nasty Gal Founder Turns to YouTube