City of Hope National Medical Center appointed this week cancer researcher Dr. Michael A. Caligiuri as president and head physician.
Caligiuri is the American Association for Cancer Research president and will assume the leadership position at City of Hope in February. Hospital officials said his mission is to drive innovation into cancer care and delivery.
“As I have come to know him, I have been struck by his innovative approach to science, high degree of humility and dedication to serving patients in need – all of which fit perfectly with City of Hope,” said Robert W. Stone, the facility’s chief executive, in a statement.
Caligiuri recently served as director of the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center and chief executive of the Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute in Columbus, Ohio.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- City of Hope President Elected to National Academy of Medicine
- Exer Adds Clinic as Urgent Care Booms in L.A.
- City of Hope Receives $12.5 Million Federal Grant to Fight Lymphoma
- City of Hope Expands Oncology Radiation Services Across SoCal
- City of Hope Opens New Cancer Center in Torrance
- John Wayne Cancer Institute Taps Physician Researcher as Top Executive
- City of Hope Awarded $7.5 Million to Develop Therapies for Rare Blood Cancer
- Cedars-Sinai Names New Head of Samuel Oschin Cancer Institute