Since 1990, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) has strengthened low-income communities, covering two-thirds of Los Angeles County. This vast region is comprised of 182 communities, 51 cities, including the City of Los Angeles, and 61 unincorporated areas throughout the County
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- 82 homes built, repaired or rehabbed
- 1,000 people served through better housing solutions
- 6,833 volunteers donated 1110,687 hours
- $12.1 million raised in private and public funding
President and CEO
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman – Bill Blake
Zurich North America
Past Chair – Daniel Burgner
Vice-Chair – John Manganiello
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Secretary – Greg Ferree
Southern California Edison
Treasurer – Alan Wright
Hollywood Sierra Kitchens
Max de Brouwer
Faithful Central Bible Church
Southern California Gas Company
Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
Walt Disney Imagineering
Ernst & Young
AREAS OF FUNDING
Building a Greater Los Angeles campaign: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) has a goal to raise and invest $100 million into affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization by 2020.
Signature Events: $5,000 - $150,000
- Los Angeles Builders Ball®
- Veterans Build
- Hollywood for Habitat for Humanity Build
- Power Women, Power Tools®
Corporate Build Day Program: Habitat LA’s Corporate Build Day Program is an exciting and engaging way for companies and their employees to give back to the local community in a tangible way. Our Corporate Build Day gives employees the opportunity to get out of the office for a day of team building. Your company’s charitable donation covers the “sticks and bricks” of the build day.
ReStores: The ReStores are “Home Improvement Thrift Stores” that accept surplus building materials and gently used household items. We provide pick-up service and your donation is tax-deductible.
Construction: No construction experience is required, just a willingness to learn and work hard. Our experienced construction on-site staff will teach you everything you need to know.
ReStore: Our home improvement thrift stores need volunteers to help run registers, load trucks, greet and help customers and prepare donated items for display.
Office Administration: Volunteers are needed to answer phones, maintain databases, help with mailings and assist on various projects.
Serve on a Committee: Committee members are on-going volunteers who perform the behind-thescenes work critical to our local success.
Special Events: We produce many special events through the year, so if you’re known for your party planning skills, we want you.
To Sign Up: Visit www.habitatla.org and click on VOLUNTEER to create your volunteer profile.
Construction: $5,000 - $1,000,000
House Sponsorships: $37,500 - $150,000
Home Preservation Sponsorship: $20,000
Build Day Sponsorship: $5,000
Signature programs: $10,000 - $50,000
• Habitat for Heroes
• Family Investment Program & Pathways to
• Youth Programs: Youth United, Nickels for Nails, etc.
Matching gifts: Many employers have matching gifts programs which will double or even triple individual contributions.
Planned giving: You can donate through bequests, charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
In-kind donations: Donations of materials and services are a vital part of Habitat LA’s mission.
Gifts of stocks or bonds: A great way to provide tax savings and make a generous donation.
GOALS FOR 2018
- Start construction on 20 homes
- Complete 85 Home Preservation projects
- Serve 240 households through our Pathways to Homeownership program to produce qualified families for our Washington Neighborhood Revitalization initiative.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles ReStores
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles: Building Homes, Communities and Hope
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: APLA Health
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children’s Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wolf Connection