Santa Monica-based Taste of Nature Inc. announced a new licensing partnership with Famous Brands International, the parent company of Mrs. Fields cookies.
Starting Jan. 1, the company will manufacture as well as helm the nationwide sales and distribution of all pre-packaged Mrs. Fields cookies found on grocery store shelves.
“Mrs. Fields is an iconic global brand and we are thrilled to welcome its cookies into the Taste of Nature Inc. portfolio,” said Scott Samet, president and co-founder of Taste of Nature Inc.
Samet declined to comment on terms of the deal, but said that the partnership made logical sense since the company is a candy manufacturer itself. Taste of Nature manufactures and markets a variety of licensed brands including Cookie Dough Bites, Care Bears Gummi Bears and Hawaiian Punch.
The company operates a 100,000-square-foot facility in Chicago and has 45 employees on its payroll.
Manufacturing and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Not So Hard to Swallow
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific CFO Steps Down
- Jakks Pacific Renews Licensing Deal for Power Rangers Costumes
- Blizzard Entertainment Signs Hasbro as Master Toy Licensor
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific Renews Disney Deal
- Commerce Denim Maker Differential Brands Enters Canadian Market
- Jakks Pacific Scores ‘Incredibles’ Licensing Deal with Disney
- Timing Seems Right for Jeans Manufacturer to Sell Shares