NBC's daily Snapchat show reaches 29 million views in first month, Fisker Emotion to debut at CES 2018, and Q&A with Sophia Amoruso about new startup GirlBoss Media.
More than 29 million unique viewers have watched "Stay Tuned," NBC News' daily Snapchat Discover show less than month after it launched, reports Axios. NBC hired a 30-person, standalone staff to produce the show to reach younger audiences.
The first car from Henrik Fisker’s new electric vehicle company, the Emotion luxury sport sedan, will be unveiled at CES in January 2018, reports TechCrunch. Fisker’s car will be released in 2019, have a $129,000 starting price, a 400-mile range and autonomous driving capabilities.
Less than a year after e-commerce fashion company Nasty Gal went bankrupt, Sophia Amoruso, has launched a media company, Girlboss Media, reports DigiDay. In a Q&A, Amoruso explains the goal is to create a business centered on helping a new generation of women define success, through a company that includes a publication, events, a podcast and a foundation that awards financial grants to women in design, fashion, music and the arts.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Dec. 13: Online Bank Aspiration Raises $47 Million
- Tweet of the Day: Nasty Gal Founder Sophia Amoruso
- Sophia Amoruso’s Girlboss Media Raises $1.2 Million
- Nasty Gal’s Sophia Amoruso Might Launch GirlBoss Media Company
- Silicon Beach Report April 20: L.A. Seed Funding Falls Sharply in First Quarter
- Nasty Gal Founder Turns to YouTube
- Nasty Gal CEO Steps Down
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Feb. 5