Executive Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles
Stewart Kwoh is a nationally recognized leader and expert in race relations, Asian-American studies, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropies, civil rights, and legal services. In 1983, Kwoh co-founded Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles, the nation’s largest Asian-American legal and civil rights organization. He was named a MacArthur Foundation Fellow in 1998, becoming the first Asian-American attorney and human rights activist to receive the recognition.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Antonia Hernández
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: State Bar Launches Leadership Bank Program to Maximize Funds for Legal Aid
- Fullerton Being Sued for Right to Vote
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Closing the Justice Gap Working Group Holds First Public Meeting
- Diversity & Inclusion - CEO & Leadership Panel: Mercy Steenwyk
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Terrence Franklin
- The Cost of Violence
- Cochran's Legacy Goes Beyond O.J.