El Segundo-based meal kit delivery service Chef’d has raised $25 million from Smithfield, Va., pork producer Smithfield Foods Inc., the investor announced Monday.
Smithfield’s Series B investment round adds to a $10 million round announced in June from Campbell Soup Co. and online grocery delivery business Fresh Direct.
Chef’d, which was founded in 2015 by Chief Executive Kyle Ransford, will get access to Smithfield’s manufacturing and distribution facilities, the company said in a press release. Smithfield said it’s the largest pork producer in the world.
Caroline Anderson is a staff reporter covering retail, restaurants and hospitality. She can be reached at 323-556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Chef’d Shuts Down Operations
- New Jeweler in Crown
- Meal Kit Service Mixes in Campbell Soup
- Deals & Dealmakers: Chef’d Assets Pick’d Up
- Chef’d Assets Bought By Competitor
- Meal-Kit Startup Chef’d Raises $12.3 Million
- Subscription Box Business Packs In More Money
- Silicon Beach Report May 25: Faraday Future Said to Plan $1 Billion Fundraising Effort