Chief Executive, National Public Radio
Jarl Mohn oversees a strategy to continue NPR’s mission to create a more informed public by working in partnership with member stations across the country. Mohn spent almost 20 years in radio, many as a disc jockey. He also worked as a programmer, general manager, and owner of a group of radio stations. He created E! Entertainment Television, and served as its president and chief executive for almost a decade. He is the former executive vice president and general manager of MTV and VH1. He was also founding president and chief executive of Liberty Digital, a public company that invested in cable networks, as well as internet businesses. Prior to joining NPR in July 2014, Mohn served the board of trustees of Southern California Public Radio. He also served on the board of USC’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Public Stations Receive Budget Warning Signal
- Schools Draw Some Big Fish
- NPR Chooses Culver City Site for West Coast Facility
- Getting In tune
- New NPR Base Bubbles Up on Westside
- Former Disney Exec to Lead KCET
- RADIO---Minnesota Public Radio Ignites L.A. Market Changes
- Rexter Launches, Raises Seed Round