Editor-in-Chief and Publisher, Los Angeles Times Media Group
Davan Maharaj oversees the largest daily news-gathering organization in the West. It includes the flagship Los Angeles Times and LATimes.com; Times Community News, which consists of six suburban daily and weekly newspapers and websites; and the Spanish-language Hoy and Fin de Semana newspapers and websites. The primary focus of the operation is the Times’ newsroom, which consists of staffers who work in Los Angeles as well as foreign and national bureaus. Maharaj, who has been at the Times for more than 28 years, added publisher to his title in March 2016. He was named editor and executive vice president in 2011. Previously, he served as managing editor, a role he assumed in 2008.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tribune Pledges ‘Content First’ Culture for L.A. Times
- Top Editors Ousted, New Leadership Named at Los Angeles Times
- Editor Russ Stanton to Leave Los Angeles Times
- Maharaj Named Editor-Publisher of Los Angeles Times
- New Times Execs Heavy on Digital Experience
- Los Angeles Times Journalists Again Propose Union
- Will New Chief Deliver for Times?
- Judge Dismisses Pulitzer Winner’s Lawsuit Against Los Angeles Times