Assemblyman, 54th District
The son of Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, Sebastian Ridley Thomas was inspired to follow in his family’s footsteps and work for change. He worked at the Children’s Defense Fund in Washington, D.C., before returning to Los Angeles to take part in the Senate Fellowship Program. He was elected to the state Assembly in December 2013 representing South Los Angeles, where he has focused on public education, health care, clean energy, consumer protection, promoting the inclusion of minority businesses in private- and public-sector contracting, and promoting professional development and achievement for women.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Mark Ridley-Thomas
- Will New Supe Be Labor Pain?
- Work at Supervisor’s Home Went Beyond Security
- Candidates Race To Business Base
- L.A. County Supervisors Extend Ban on Marijuana Businesses in Unincorporated Areas
- 'Magic' Touch Falls on Parks
- Summit Pushes L.A. as Bioscience Leader
- What to Do With L.A.’s Bounty of ‘Boomerang’ Money?