Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton
Lawrence “Larry” Braun is the former co-leader of Sheppard Mullin’s corporate practice group. Braun was previously a managing director of the largest private investment banking firm on the West Coast. He is an adviser to clients ranging from family-owned businesses to multinational corporations in many diverse industries. Principal areas of practice are general corporate law, corporate finance, securities law, mergers and acquisition transactions, contractual matters (including licensing and distribution arrangements), health care transactions, and general business counseling.
Enjoy most: I get to help people many, many times a day.
Toughest challenge: When there is fighting among family members; they get focused on their pain and lose sight of the big picture.
Proudest moment: The birth of each of my children; seeing some of the people I mentored become leaders in the firm and the legal community.
Best advice: Find great partners and create a team; take reasonable risks and find a mentor to help you make decisions.
Most excited: Younger people with the passion and commitment to make the world better.
Fun fact: I have a black belt in karate.
Alma Mater: Bachelor’s, Rutgers College; JD and MBA, Northwestern University.
Bucket list: A motorcycle ride across the Southwestern U.S.
Beverage: Ketel One.
Hobby/passion: Street bike riding and helping people (whether one-on-one or through charities).
Favorite destination: Italy.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Larry Braun
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Corporate Attorney of the Year
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Linda Michaelson
- WHO’S WHO IN LAW - LAWRENCE M. BRAUN
- Ex-Employee’s Loss May Work in Bosses’ Favor
- Judging the Lawyers- Transactions/Corporate
- Cooley Adds Two Partners in Santa Monica