SpaceX Rocket explodes and destroys Facebook’s satellite, Hyperloop One lawsuit accusations grow, Fandango expands service to Arclight Cinemas, and more.
SpaceX Rocket Explodes, Destroying Facebook’s Satellite
One of Space Exploration Technologies Corp.’s Falcon 9 rockets exploded during a test firing incident in Cape Canaveral, Fla. on Thursday, reports Reuters. SpaceX said there were no injuries and that an "anomaly" during the static fire test resulted in the loss of the rocket and a $200 million communications satellite owned by Israeli Space Communication, which was going to be used by Facebook to expand internet access in Africa.
Fandango Expands Service to Arclight Cinemas
Online ticket seller Fandango has expanded its coverage to additional theaters in Southern California, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., by adding the ArcLight Cinemas chain to its network, reports Variety. Fandango and ArcLight Cinemas plan to host special screenings for customers in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Santa Monica this fall.
Hyperloop One Lawsuit Accusations Grow
Hyperloop One hit back against former Chief Technology Officer Brogan BamBrogan and several other employees that are suing the company with additional accusations of its own, reports Wired. The company alleges in court that its former employees staged coup-planning sessions in a garage, stole computers and files, and made “fake pornographic Twitter accounts.”
JustFab Launches Plus-Size Line
Online fashion retailer JustFab of Santa Monica has launched a plus-size line of clothing, reports Fashion Times. The company expects the clothing line launch to be one of the largest revenue streams leading into the fourth quarter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: SpaceX to Launch Ninth Resupply Mission
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 9: Brogan BamBrogan Starts Second Hyperloop Company
- Hyperloop Firm Arrives
- Brogan BamBrogan Starts Second Hyperloop Company
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Hyperloop One, Its Chairman Sued by Co-Founder
- Silicon Beach Report March 30: Fandango Relocates Staff to L.A. Office
- Hyperloop One Hits Back at Former Execs In Latest Court Filing
- UPDATE: Hyperloop One Sued By Co-Founder Over Assault, Financial Mismanagement Allegations