Facebook copies another Snapchat feature, Gannet may back away from tronc acquisition after banks walk, and coupon code finder Honey Science Corp. raises $5 million.
Facebook Copies Another Snapchat Feature
Facebook has launched “Live Masks,” a copy of Snapchat’s lens feature, which overlays graphics on videos of users, reports Mashable. Facebook will periodically swap out masks for different styles, such as an initial set of Halloween-themed masks.
Gannet May Back Away from tronc Acquisition After Banks Walk
Gannet Co. may be unable to go forward with its ambition of acquiring tronc after the banks which would finance the potential pulled their support, according to sources reported by Bloomberg. Gannett and tronc agreed to a deal at $18.75 a share, but several lenders withdrew over concerns about the health of the two companies’ businesses at that valuation.
Coupon Code Finder Honey Science Corp. Raises $5 Million
Honey Science, a deal and product discovery web browser extension, raised $5 million, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Honey's browser extension automatically finds and applies coupon codes for online shoppers during checkout.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 18: Snap Launches Additional Augmented Reality Features for Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 30: Snapchat Shuts Down Story Explorer Feature
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Rubicon Sued by Publishing Customer The Guardian
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 31: Facebook Tried to Buy Snow, Another Snapchat Copy
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Snapchat Opening Office in Seattle
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer