Techstars launches music accelerator, Rinse buys Washio’s assets, and Snapchat hires New York Post president for content team.
Techstars Launches Music Accelerator
Techstars launched a music Accelerator in Los Angeles in partnership with companies such as Sony Music and Warner Music Group, reports Forbes. The accelerator will select 10 companies for their three-month program, which starts in February 2017.
Rinse Buys Washio’s Assets
On-demand laundry pick-up and delivery startup Rinse has purchased the remaining assets of Santa Monica’s Washio for an undisclosed amount, reports TechCrunch. Among the assets that Rinse purchased was Washio’s list of customers.
Snapchat Hires New York Post President for Content Team
Snap Inc. has hired New York Post President David Brinker to lead business development for Snapchat content’s team, reports Variety. Brinker will likely play a role in the evolving and fast-growing world of Snapchat’s content features, which include the Discover platform and Live Stories.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 26: Snapchat Aiming to Raise As Much as $4 Billion
- Washio Folds Operations After Being Unable to Find Buyer
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 30: Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 12: Venture Capital Investment in Los Angeles Drops
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 19: Two Bit Circus Raises $15M to Launch Amusement Park
- Snapchat Swaps Two Publishers on Discover Portal
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 2: Instagram Copies Snapchat Stories
- Snapchat Hires a CNN Reporter to Lead News Team