The Los Angeles Rams held a groundbreaking Thursday morning for the $2.6 billion Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park.
Rams owner Stan Kroenke, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and Inglewood Mayor James Butts made remarks at the ceremony. The stadium is expected to be completed for the 2019 football season and will host the 2021 Super Bowl.
Kroenke noted that the project will ultimately move 8 million cubic yards of dirt to make way for the stadium and its retail, residential and office components.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- NFL Awards 2021 Super Bowl LV to Los Angeles
- Coming Soon: What’s Underway for Hollywood Park Complex
- Stadium Kicks Off Promotional Push
- Sports Titans: Stan Kroenke
- Moving the Chains
- L.A.'s NFL Hopes Turn To Inglewood
- Inglewood Real Estate Gets NFL Boost
- Los Angeles Tapped to Host 2023 College Football Championship