Hundreds of people lined up for hours on Thursday to buy a pair of Snapchat Spectacles out of a pop-up vending machine called Snapbot after their debut on Thursday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The $130 video camera sunglasses are the Venice company’s first attempt at wearable technology and include a camera that takes circular-cropped videos up to 30 seconds each that can be transferred wirelessly to the Snapchat smartphone app.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snapchat Pop-Up Shops Attract Hundreds
- Silicon Beach Report March 9: Global Crossing Founder Winnick Takes Majority Stake in Streaming Service Qello
- Branson Backs Santa Monica Company
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 10: Nasty Gal Files for Bankruptcy
- Snapchat Gaining on Facebook
- Snapchat Adds Sweet Channel
- Peruse the Runway on Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content