Snapchat launches rewind feature, Hyperloop One studying Dubai for possible first route, and Activision Blizzard plans e-sports league with city-based teams.
Activision Blizzard Plans E-Sports League with City-Based Teams
Activision Blizzard is talking with more than 100 traditional and e-sports team owners to gauge their interest in joining an e-sports league for its videogame “Overwatch,” reports the Wall Street Journal. The new e-sports league, which would resemble the National Football League and other professional sports organizations, would have city-based teams, player contracts, and a championship.
Snapchat Launches Rewind Feature
Snapchat has launched a rewind Stories feature for videos on its app, a feature already present on Instagram Stories, reports TechCrunch. Previously, users had to revisit their already-watched Story list to re-watch videos.
Hyperloop One Studying Dubai for Possible First Route
Hyperloop One is could build its first railway between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and has conceptualized the possible project in a 3-D video, reports The Verge. The route between Dubai and Abu Dhabi would be enormously expensive, costing $4.8 billion, or $52 million a mile.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 7: Snapchat Eyeing IPO
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Activision Blizzard Inc. Launches Pro League for Overwatch
- Activision Blizzard Launches an E-sports Division
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 2: Activision Blizzard’s Q3 Results Beat Expectations
- Activision Buys Major League Gaming Assets
- Activision to Broadcast E-sports on Facebook Live
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 23: Branson Out at Virgin Hyperloop One
- Silicon Beach Report October 29: Hyperloop Plans Abu Dhabi Track