StartEngine: Santa Monica’s StartEngine has launched its first Title III crowdfunding campaigns that allows companies to raise under $1 million from unaccredited investors. Early crowdfunding efforts on the platform included financing rounds for video games, software, as well as condom manufacturing.
Rubicon: Playa Vista advertising marketplace Rubicon launched a new platform for mobile video advertisements. According to the company its platform reaches more than a billion mobile devices globally.
OpenX: Pasadena’s advertising marketplace OpenX launched its School of Programmatic. The program is a series of free learning sessions to teach advertising professionals how to better use the company’s programmatic platform tools.
Esri: Digital-map maker Esri of Redlands is supplying its software to the Pacific Disaster Center as part of a Zika mapping effort. The organization is using the software to track Zika across the globe, collecting reported and suspected cases of the disease.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Jan. 29
- Ad Tech Firms Drawing Attention as Acquisitions
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Rubicon Project and Clear Channel Launch Programmatic Billboard Network
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 11: Elon Musk Reveals Complete SpaceX Spacesuit
- L.A. Launch List: May 15
- OpenX Reports More Than $170 Million in 2017 Revenue
- OpenX Partners With YP Brand
- Rubicon Sets Telaria Deal