Tribune Publishing Co.’s second-largest shareholder wants the board to reconsider Gannett Co.’s $474 million unsolicited takeover, The Wall Street Journal reports. In a strongly worded letter to the Tribune board, Oaktree Capital Management Chairman John Frank said he had little confidence the company’s new management team would find another deal as good as the one now on the table.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Newspaper Owner Takes Itself Out of Circulation
- ICYMI: Oaktree Pressures Tribune Publishing
- Gannett Boosts Offer for L.A. Times Parent Tribune Publishing
- Tribune Shareholders to Meet
- Real Deal Eludes Parent As Paper Pursues Digital
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- Deepest Pockets In Paper’s Fold
- Jakks Says It Will Talk with Oaktree Capital