Gannett Co. Inc. has ratcheted up pressure on Tribune Publishing Co. to accept its buyout offer. The publisher of USA Today said it would urge shareholders of Tribune to withhold their votes for eight board nominees at the June 2 shareholder meeting, Bloomberg reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- Ferro: Gannett ‘Trying to Steal Company’
- Tribune Shareholders to Meet
- ICYMI: Oaktree Pressures Tribune Publishing
- Tribune Urged to Reconsider Gannett Offer
- Gannett Boosts Offer for L.A. Times Parent Tribune Publishing
- Suitor Makes Headlines Chasing Paper’s Owner
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders Restless