Snapchat and World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. of Stamford, Conn., have signed a multiyear content production partnership.
Snapchat of Venice will cover pay-per-view event WrestleMania within its Live Story channel on April 3. Live Story is a streaming slide show of pictures and videos collected from users. The broadcast will be sponsored by Snickers.
“The Snapchat Live Story allows WWE fans to share their stories from our annual pop culture extravaganza and dive into the live action of WrestleMania in more ways, and from more perspectives, than ever before,” said Jayar Donlan, WWE senior vice president of digital and social content, in a statement.
Snapchat will cover additional WWE events throughout the rest of this year as well.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 5: Facebook Launches Snapchat-Like Camera
- Snapchat Signs Advertising Deal with Viacom
- Silicon Beach Launch List: March 11
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 7: Techstars Launches Music Accelerator
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 1: Snapchat Ramping Up Hiring Ahead of IPO
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Digital Domain Partners with World Surf League for 360-Degree Content
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 2: Instagram Copies Snapchat Stories
- The NFL Signs Deal with Snapchat