The Walt Disney Co. says it will halt film and TV production in Georgia if the state’s governor signs a bill critics say discriminates against gay people, reports CNN Money. Georgia offers attractive tax credits that have lured Hollywood productions there. Disney-owned Marvel Studios filmed forthcoming superhero movie “Captain America: Civil War” outside Atlanta and is currently shooting “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” there.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney slate looking picture perfect as studio nears record box office.
- Studios Ratchet Up Heat With Big Summer Slates
- Star Wars Land Rumors Fly Ahead of Disney Fan Fest
- Disney Knocks Off Disney for Top BO Spot…
- Disney Works Box Office Magic
- Disney Placed Hype on Hold
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” Top Grossing Film of Season
- Disney Combines Interactive, Consumer Products Divisions