Tinder of West Hollywood has added four new executives in order to aid its global expansion, according to Chief Executive Sean Rad.
The new additions to Tinder’s C-Suite come with corporate pedigrees, including former Yahoo Inc. engineering executive Maria Zhang, who will become vice president of engineering, and former YouTube marketing executive Derek Callow, who will become vice president of international. Also joining is former Starz Inc. marketing exec Ferrell McDonald, who will serve as chief marketing officer, and James Kim, who will leave his post at TigerText to become Tinder’s vice president of finance.
"For a successful startup to become a successful business at scale, it's essential to add talented people with a broader set of experiences while retaining the talent that made the startup successful to begin with,” Rad said in a statement. “Tinder's growth continues at a breakneck pace and I believe the moves we're announcing today really set us up to manage that growth effectively."
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tinder’s Chief Executive Resigns, Founder Sean Rad Back
- Tinder Acquires Contact Management App
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 8: Sean Rad to Step Down as Tinder CEO, Become Head of Match Group M&A Firm
- Tinder Chief Gives Interview During Quiet Period
- Sean Rad to Step Down as Tinder CEO to Lead M&A
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: April 1
- Tinder Employee Shakeups Continue
- Tinder Parent Company Match Group Files for IPO